The nearest Airport is Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast, about 50 minutes drive from the venue.
If using Google Maps or other phone based GPS, you may lose mobile signal depending on who your mobile service is with – Telstra is usually okay, other services may be limited or out of range.
From M1 Pacific Motorway – heading south from Brisbane to Gold Coast:
- Take Southport Nerang exit (Exit 69)
- At traffic lights, turn right onto Price Street. Continue straight ahead on this road through the built up area of Nerang. This road changes its name to the Nerang-Beaudesert Road (Route 90)
- Pass Beaudesert turnoff on right (Mount Nathan Road) – signed to Canungra
- You are now on Route 97 – Nerang-Murwillumbah Road and it is approximately 35 kilometres to Bornhoffen from here.
- Note: Gold Coast City Council rural lot numbers appear at entrances to properties – they are on a short pole with white numbers on a black background. Bornhoffen is 3510 Nerang-Murwillumbah Road. This means that it is 35.10kms from the beginning of the road. You can keep track of your progress as you drive towards Bornhoffen by keeping an eye out for these lot numbers
- Pass the turnoff for the Beechmont Road on right (turnoff for Binna Burra)
- Pass the Hinze Dam turnoff on your left – this section of the road is quite hilly and windy – take care
- Pass Springbrook turnoff (Pine Creek Road) on left
- Pass through the tiny township of Numinbah (School of Arts hall on right)
- Pass Numinbah Correctional Centre on right
- Pass the Natural Bridge National Park turnoff on left
- Bornhoffen is on your right approximately 2.5kms past the Natural Bridge turnoff
- Ignore the first driveway you see – this is the EXIT ONLY
- Continue 100 metres to the ENTRY signed BORNHOFFEN PCYC
- If you reach the New South Wales border, you have gone too far. Turn around and drive back 1km
The two main airports are located in Brisbane (1.5 hours from the venue) and Coolangatta (50 mins from the venue). There is also an airport at Ballina (NSW) which is about 1.5 hours away.
It is anticipated that an AABAT shuttle bus is to be offered departing from the Coolangatta Airport at 4pm on Thursday the 8th of August. Depending on demand, we may be able to have a smaller bus do an airport pickup at 5pm and another at 6:30pm. Bus will return to the airport leaving Bornhoffen approx midday on Sunday 11 August. The cost will $15 each way, paid in cash or credit card upon boarding. You can select your interest in using the shuttle bus upon registering for the forum. Queries can be directed to .
If you would like to share a ride, jump onto the AABAT Forum 2019 Carpooling Facebook Group. This is a platform to post rideshare information.
There are spaces onsite to park your car, and also on the neighboring property. Please note, cars cannot be driven onto the campground, car parking will be a 2-3 minute walk from the campground.